I ♥ My iPhone!
Turn Your iPhone On -
Google knows where you have been,
Turn Your iPhone On -
Download your music through the air. ♩♪♫♬
Come and listen in to our podcast station
Where the mighty host of the heavens ping
Turn your iPhone on, Turn your iPhone on
If you want to hear the songs without buying
Coming from the web of endless tunes,
Turn your iPhone on, Turn your iPhone on.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- Mary "sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word." ~~Luke 10:39
- Martha bore witness: "She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God,which should come into the world." ~~John 11:27
- Tabitha was "at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. And it came to pass in those days, tht she was sick, and died: ... and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them."~~Acts 9:36, 37, 39
- Phebe was "a servant of the church ... she hath been a succourer of many."~~Romans 16:1-2
- Priscilla and Aquila were "helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for my life laid down their own necks:"~~Romans 16:3-4
- "Mary, who bestowed much labour on us." ~~Romans 16:6
Monday, February 21, 2011
General George Washington -- "A good moral character is the first essential in a man."
HAPPY 279th BIRTHDAY to the Man Who Changed the World – General George Washington of Mount Vernon, Virginia, who wrote “The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon.”
George WASHINGTON (1732 – 1799) was born February 22nd, 1732, at “Popes Creek,” a home that his father had built in the 1720s in Westmoreland County, Virginia. George Washington was raised there and in King George and Fairfax Counties, Virginia.
George Washington died in his bedroom at Mount Vernon on December 14th, 1799. His will directed that he be buried on the grounds of his beloved estate where he had selected a site for a new brick tomb to replace the original burial vault which was badly weathered and succumbing to the elements. However, the new tomb was not completed until more than thirty years later. It was in 1831, that the earthly remains of George Washington and his beloved consort Martha were removed there. Every day from April through October a wreath laying ceremony is performed by the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association, at 10 am and 2 pm, at the Tomb of Washington, in tribute to America’s greatest leader.
George Washington, America’s first and greatest president, is one of the four American presidents carved into the granite at"Mount Rushmore, South Dakota.
A grateful nation remembered its patriot warrior president, George Washington of Virginia by erecting the Washington Monument, a great obelisk to his memory in their nation’s capital. George Washington’s birthday once was celebrated in this land with great fanfare on February 22nd. Today George Washington’s birthday seems forgotten or remembered only as “Presidents’ Day.”
There are probably few Americans who appreciate the indispensable role played by George Washington in the formation of the United States of America. Without General Washington, there probably would not be a United States of America today. George Washington was America’s First great General. He was an indispensable leader of the American Revolution. Our forebears described him as “First in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen.”
Thankfully, not everyone has forgotten the greatness of the man. Check out MountVernon.org . ~~Edna Barney
This life size display of General Washington as Commander in Chief is from the museum center at his Mount Vernon plantation in Virginia. The image, Museum at Mount Vernon, is subject to copyright by Edna Barney. It is posted here with permission via the Flickr API by barneykin, an administrator of "The Revolution ed" pool.