Thursday, February 14, 2013

Growing Older with No Regrets


"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege that many never enjoy."

A neighbor was working in his garden when he was startled by a late model car crashing through his hedges and settling on his front lawn. He rushed to help an elderly woman from the vehicle as he exclaimed: "My goodness, You appear quite elderly to be driving." The woman proudly replied: "Well, yes, I am young man. I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough that I don't even need a driver's license anymore." The neighbor was astounded and questioned her about it. "Why yes, it is true. The last time my doctor examined me, he asked if I had a driver's license. I said yes and showed it to him. He took his surgical scissors and cut the license into a dozen pieces, tossing them into the rubbish bin, saying, 'You won't need this anymore.' So I thanked him and drove home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment may be reviewed before it is published.