Friday, February 18, 2005

The Hilarity of Bill Maher

Bill Maher, formerly of the show Politically Incorrect, is campaigning to become the Democrats' new spokesman, since they have blacklisted Michael Moore for incompetency. Maher was fired from his show for being "politically incorrect", so it seems he has learned his lesson well. His new show will feature only "politically correct" humor. Here are some of his "funny" quotes from this week:
"We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder."

"I love America. I am just embarrassed that it has been taken over by people like evangelicals, by people who do not believe in science and rationality. It is the 21st century. And I will tell you, my friend. The future does not belong to the evangelicals. The future does not belong to religion."

"When you look at beliefs in such things as, do you go to heaven, is there a devil, we have more in common with Turkey and Iran and Syria than we do with European nations and Canada and nations that, yes, I would consider more enlightened than us."
Someone should tell Bill and the Dems that, notwithstanding the "superior cultural enlightenment" of the Canadians and Europeans, they cannot vote in U.S. elections. However evangelicals and other Christians do vote.

Christians Have Neurological Disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment may be reviewed before it is published.